It is important for the Banco de Costa Rica that you may send your money transfers quickly and securely to individuals or corporations abroad offering you the following service features:
- FOREX: Your operations are negotiated in any world currency (US dollar, Euro, sterling pound, Swiss franc, Canadian dollar, Japanese yen and others).
- Banco de Costa Rica will send the transfer as long as the client has the “Know Your Client” Policy duly up to date and complies with the Regulations by justifying the origin of the funds and purpose of this transaction. “Origin of the funds” shall be understood as the financial activity, cause or fact that has made the accumulation of money possible, even if this money comes in through a transfer or operation from another financial entity.
- Processed transfer at any of nationwide BCR branches.
- Beneficiary bank SWIFT or ABA (in U.S.A.).
- Account holder name
- Account holder number or IBAN (International Bank Account Number) or CLABE (Mexico)
- Complete name of beneficiary.
- Complete name, ID, phone, address and account holder number.
INBOUND WIRE TRANSFER:
Banco de Costa Rica accredits in the accounts (either checking or savings accounts) the transfers that are received according to the instructions from the foreign bank, as long as the client has the “Know Your Client” Policy duly up to date and complies with the Regulations by justifying the origin and the purpose of the funds.“Origin of the funds” shall be understood as the financial activity, cause or fact that made the accumulation of money possible, even if this money comes in through a transfer or operation coming from another financial entity.
NOTE: Documents coming from abroad must be entered with an official translation to Spanish and legalized (consular authentication or Apostille, as relevant).
An Apostille is in order when the country in question is a party to the Convention of The Hague. The list of countries can be verified at the following electronic address: https://www.hcch.net/es/search-results/?q=convenio+apostilla
For countries that are not parties to this Convention, the documents must have a consular authentication.
The necessary information for you or your company to receive money from abroad is:
- BCR SWIFT: BCRICRSJ and/or UNIVERSAL ID 019339
- Account holder name
· Full account number: Check your IBAN account number by entering your Banco de Costa Rica customer account number.
Telephones: (506) 2211-1111
Foreign Trade: (506) 2287-9044
Fax: (506) 2255-0221
Address: San José, Costa Rica. Central and Second Avenues; Fourth and Sixth Streets